Foothills Trail - WA 162 Overpass
Foothills Trail Bridge
View from South
Photo taken by K. A. Erickson in February 2011
BH Photo #194062
This bridge, formerly a part of a Northern Pacific line that stretched past Wilkeson, has been retrofitted for pedestrian and bicycle travel as opposed to iron horses. In use in that capacity since 1998.
- Pony plate girder bridge over WA 162 on Foothills Trail
- Pierce County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1956; Rehabilitated for trail use 1998
- - Burlington Northern Railroad (BN)
- Northern Pacific Railroad (NP)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 95.1 ft.
Total length: 209.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.09605, -122.15442 (decimal degrees)
47°05'46" N, 122°09'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/564170/5216185 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 48206 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 20, 2011: Added by K. A. Erickson