Willapa Hills Trail - Newaukum River Bridge
Looking west from Hillburger Road.
Photo taken by Mike Garland in March 2015
BH Photo #324507
Abandoned Northern Pacific Railroad bridge converted into part of the Willapa Hills Trail. Built 1896 at an unknown location, moved here 1926.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Newaukum River on Willapa Hills Trail
- Chehalis, Lewis County, Washington
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in 1896 by Pencoyd Iron Works, Relocated here 1926
- - A & P Roberts Co. of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
- Pencoyd Iron Works of Pencoyd, Pennsylvania
- - Northern Pacific Railroad (NP)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 155.0 ft.
Total length: 722.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 30.0 ft.
- Also called
- NP - Newaukum River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.64714, -122.97591 (decimal degrees)
46°38'50" N, 122°58'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/501843/5165953 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 67569 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 29, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from NP bridge records
- May 13, 2015: Added by Mike Garland
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com