Willapa Hills Trail - Chehalis River Bridge (Claquato)
Photo taken by Mike Garland in March 2015
BH Photo #324668
This is a two span bridge that has been converted into part of the Willapa Hills Trail. Truss spans clearly relocated to this location. Through truss dates to ca. 1895, pony truss dates to Ca. 1910. Information from NPRHA.org Online Collection
- Pratt through truss bridge over Chehalis River on Willapa Hills Trail
- Lewis County, Washington
- Open to pedestrians only
- Through Truss erected 1919, Pony truss added 1928
- - Northern Pacific Railroad (NP)
- 12 Spans Trestle
1-150' pin connected Pratt Through Truss
1-120' "Lattice Girder" (riveted Warren Pony Truss)
13 Spans Trestle
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 300.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.63851, -123.01906 (decimal degrees)
46°38'19" N, 123°01'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/498541/5164994 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 67618 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 29, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: Added information from NP bridge records
- November 6, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- May 16, 2015: Added by Mike Garland
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com