Central Ferry Bridge
Looking east from just off WA 127 on the Whitman County end of bridge
Photo taken by Karl Sweitzer in August 2008
BH Photo #124617
- Steel through arch bridge over Snake River on WA 127
- Garfield County, Washington, and Whitman County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1969
- Steel through arch
Length of largest span: 520.0 ft.
Total length: 1,831.1 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.62600, -117.79830 (decimal degrees)
46°37'34" N, 117°47'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/438886/5163913 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Central Ferry
- 642 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 34212 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 74.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- September 14, 2008: Essay added by Karl Sweitzer
- Karl Sweitzer - kesc [at] pacbell [dot] net