US 12 - Vaughn Hubbard Bridge (Westbound)
Photo From WSDOT State Route Web
BH Photo #190322
General Construction Company of Seattle submitted a winning bid of $1,244,545 and began building a new Snake crossing on April 10, 1950. The job was to be completed in 450 days but the outbreak of war in Korea and the steel shortage that followed delayed the opening of the span until January 17, 1952.
The bridge is a combination 770 foot cantilever through truss and 1000 foot Warren deck truss. It rests on 12 piers, 9 of them in the water, the tallest being 113 feet and the foundation of the deepest is 52 feet below the water. The 28 foot roadway is 65 feet above the shipping channel, which has a clearance of 432 feet between piers. Two steel barges used in the construction came from the George Sellars bridge project in Wenatchee and were floated over the top of Rock Island Dam before being towed down the Columbia to the Burbank site.
- Cantilever through truss bridge over Snake River on US 12 in Pasco
- Pasco, Franklin County, Washington, and Walla Walla County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1950; rehabilitated 1988
- - General Construction Co., Seattle (Contractor)
- 770 ft. Cantilevered through truss 1000 ft Warren deck truss
Length of largest span: 432.1 ft.
Total length: 1,770.1 ft.
Deck width: 31.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.3 ft.
- Also called
- Snake River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.21750, -119.02472 (decimal degrees)
46°13'03" N, 119°01'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/343837/5120206 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 34211 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 58.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 15, 2018: New photo from Leslie R trick
- June 7, 2018: New photos from Adam
- April 22, 2018: Updated by Richard Doody: Added historical info to description
- March 29, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- May 10, 2015: New photo from C Hanchey
- December 14, 2010: New photos from Nathan Holth
- April 25, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- Nathan Holth
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Richard Doody
- Leslie R Trick - Leslie [dot] Trick [at] gmail [dot] com