Benton City - Kiona Bridge
Benton City Bridge
BH Photo #243648
Washington SHPO provided the following information. The bridge's stays are composed of steel tubes filled with concrete. The bridge was built at a cost of $192,259. It was built at the same time that the Germans began developing the cable stayed bridge.
- Cable-stayed bridge over Yakima River on WA 225
- Benton County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1957
- - Everett McKellar of Chelan, Washington
- Homer Hadley of Seattle, Washington
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 400.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.6 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 25, 2002
- Also called
- Yakima River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +46.25333, -119.47500 (decimal degrees)
46°15'12" N, 119°28'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 11/309234/5125172 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Benton City
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 02000240 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 50108 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 57 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 15, 2018: New photo from Leslie R trick
- April 1, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- December 17, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added description.
- November 27, 2012: New photos from Adam
- November 9, 2011: Added by K. A. Erickson