CV - West Hartford Bridge (Old)
This was built in 1888 to replace the covered Town Lattice deck truss that was destroyed by the West Hartford Bridge Disaster the previous year. In a show of improvement, the wooden bridge was replaced by a modern riveted steel lattice truss fabricated by the local Vermont Construction Company.
The bridge itself was eventually replaced during the Central Vermont's transition of replacing its deck trusses with deck girder spans in the 20's and 30's.
- Lost Lattice deck truss bridge over White River on Central Vermont Railway
- Windsor County, Vermont
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1887; Replaced 1935
- - Vermont Construction Co. of St. Albans, Vermont
- - Central Vermont Railway (CV)
- Riveted Steel Lattice deck truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 658.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.68116, -72.39463 (decimal degrees)
43°40'52" N, 72°23'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/710002/4839759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 74841 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 1, 2017: Added by Michael Quiet
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com