Scott Covered Bridge 45-13-13
Scott Covered Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in October 2009
BH Photo #147753
Closed to all traffic, including pedestrians, in Feb. 2012. 2.2 million dollar rehabilitation scheduled for 2015-2016
Rehabilitated 2015-2016. Reinforcing arch removed as redundant. Now open to pedestrians.
- Covered Lattice through truss bridge over West River on Back Side Road
- Windham County, Vermont
- Built 1870; Closed to traffic 1955; Rehabilitated 2016
- - Harrison Chamberlin
- Renaud Bros. Inc. (2016 Rehabilitation)
- Town Lattice through truss with added arches; concrete pier added 1981. 2 covered kingspost approach spans
Length of largest span: 166.0 ft.
Total length: 277.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on August 28, 1973
- Also called
- Scott Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.04870, -72.69600 (decimal degrees)
43°02'55" N, 72°41'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/687650/4768799 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 73000206 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-13-13 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 43497 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 12, 2017: Updated by Chester Gehman: Updated status: pedestrian traffic only.
- August 26, 2016: New photos from John Loxton
- February 29, 2016: Updated by Michael Quiet: Added pictures. Noted that the bridge is currently undergoing a 2.2 million dollar rehabilitation
- November 28, 2014: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Updated status, corrected truss design; added pier addition
- February 17, 2014: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- July 29, 2010: New photos from Brian McKee
- October 16, 2009: Added by C Hanchey