Rating:
1 vote

Coburn Covered Bridge 45-12-02

Photos 

Coburn Covered Bridge

Photo taken by C Hanchey in July 2006

Enlarge

BH Photo #134646

Map 

Description 

Built in 1851 by Larned Coburn and given to the town in exchange for having the town road pass by his house. Three steel beams added 1972-1973

Facts 

Overview
Covered bridge over Winooski River on Coburn Road (C3030)
Location
East Momtpelier, Washington County, Vermont
Status
Open to traffic
History
Built 1851 by Larned Coburn; rehabilitated 1973
Builder
- Larned Coburn
Design
Covered Queenpost through truss, reinforced with steel stringers
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 64.0 ft.
Total length: 73.2 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.0 ft.
Recognition
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 9, 1974
Also called
Cemetary Covered Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+44.28083, -72.45417   (decimal degrees)
44°16'51" N, 72°27'15" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/703146/4906217 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Plainfield
Inventory numbers
NRHP 74000260 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-12-02 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 40707 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 08/2015)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 73.7 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
150

Update Log 

  • May 10, 2017: New photos from Michael Quiet
  • September 29, 2015: New photos from Michael Quiet
  • November 30, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick securevermont.com: added photos and info
  • March 1, 2009: Added by C Hanchey

Sources