Gorham Covered Bridge 45-11-04
Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com
BH Photo #188785
The bridge was rehabilitated in 1956 and again in 1979 and completely rebuilt in 2004 at a cost of 1.2 million dollars. The new bridge was placed over Otter Creek on June 11, 2004.
- Covered Town Lattice through truss bridge over Otter Creek on C3006 in Proctor
- Pittsford, Rutland County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1842 by Abraham Owen and Nicholas Powers; completely rebuilt in 2004
- - Abraham Owen
- Nichols Montgomery Powers
- Town lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 108.9 ft.
Total length: 117.1 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.9 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on February 12, 1974
- Also called
- Goodnough Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.68000, -73.03833 (decimal degrees)
43°40'48" N, 73°02'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/658119/4838201 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000255 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-11-04 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 34012 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 30.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2002)
- August 19, 2016: New photos from Michael Quiet
- November 28, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick securevermont.com: changed primary name, added info and photos
- John Borthwick
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com