Sanderson Covered Bridge 45-11-02 #2
Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com in November 2010
BH Photo #188779
This bridge was rebuilt in 2002/2003 by Blow & Cote with only a few of the original timbers and planks salvaged. The bridge had been closed to traffic for 14 years prior to the re-build.
- Covered Town Lattice bridge over Otter Creek on Pearl Street (C2004) in Brandon
- Brandon, Rutland County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 1838; rehabilitated 2003
- - Blow & Cote Inc. of Morrisville, Vermont (2003 Rehabilitation)
- Town lattice truss
Length of largest span: 116.1 ft.
Total length: 121.1 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.6 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Upper Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.79000, -73.11000 (decimal degrees)
43°47'24" N, 73°06'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/652063/4850284 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000258 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-11-02 #2 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 34010 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 30.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1992)
- May 4, 2017: New photos from Michael Quiet
- April 8, 2017: New photos from Michael Quiet
- November 28, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick securevermont.com: Changed primary name, added info and photos
- John Borthwick
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com