Art Deco Revival. Two galvanized steel 40' W21 X 44 beams with four galvanized steel W22 X 14 cross braces create the main support. Over 65 tons of bridge-strength concrete at 4500PSI. Eastern Hemlock decking 3" X 7" X 7' clear with a 1650 Fb (bending stress). The railings are 6061 T6 Aluminum.
Overbuilt for durability and has a factor of safety of 5 (same F.O.S. as the Brooklyn bridge). Suitable for small trucks, jeeps, snowmobiles, small excavators, trains, or monorails. Any narrow vehicles that won't chew up the land as much can cross. Monorails...
- Bridge over Jenkins Brook (First Branch White River) on Private Drive/Pedestrian Trail
- Chelsea, Orange County, Vermont
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in 2014 by a young Vermont architect, Nick Fabrikant, to give access to the open woods opposite the stream.
- - Nick Fabrikant, Tate Daly
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 45.0 ft.
Deck width: 7.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.97237, -72.43532 (decimal degrees)
43°58'21" N, 72°26'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/705718/4872001 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 67829 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 29, 2015: Essay added by Justin Will