Chicken Farm Road Bridge
This bridge was featured in the 1988 movie "Bettlejuice" when a wooden cover was added to it to make it appear as a covered bridge. For a few frames during the car accident scene the Canton Bridge builders plate can be seen attached to the original lattice guardrails inside the bridge. At some point after 1988 the lattice guardrails were replaced with standard modern guardrails.
Despite the association with the movie, this bridge was notable as an excellent example of a simple small scale bridge built by a renowned bridge company.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over Tabor Branch Waits River on Chicken Farm Rd. (C3016)
- East Corinth, Orange County, Vermont
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1912 by Canton Bridge Co; Replaced 2016
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 44.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.06425, -72.22272 (decimal degrees)
44°03'51" N, 72°13'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/722428/4882759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Corinth
- Inventory number
- BH 74505 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- November 28, 2016: Added by Michael Quiet
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com