Chicken Farm Road Bridge
This bridge was featured in the 1988 movie "Bettlejuice" when a wooden cover was added to it to make it appear as a covered bridge. For a few frames during the car accident scene the Canton Bridge builders plate can be seen attached to the original lattice guardrails inside the bridge. At some point after 1988 the lattice guardrails were replaced with standard modern guardrails.
Despite the association with the movie, this bridge was notable as an excellent example of a simple small scale bridge built by a renowned bridge company.
- Lost Steel stringer bridge over Tabor Branch Waits River on Chicken Farm Rd. (C3016)
- East Corinth, Orange County, Vermont
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1912 by Canton Bridge Co; Replaced 2016
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 44.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.06425, -72.22272 (decimal degrees)
44°03'51" N, 72°13'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/722428/4882759 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Corinth
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 74505 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 94.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 28, 2016: Added by Michael Quiet
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com