Brookfield Floating Bridge
Brookfield Floating Bridge (Newest)
Photo taken by Michael Quiet in September 2015
BH Photo #337341
Built in 2015 to replace the circa 1978 pontoon bridge, this is the 8th distinct floating bridge that has existed at this site since 1820.
- Pontoon Bridge over Sunset Lake
- Brookfield, Orange County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 2015
- - Miller Construction, Inc
- Pontoon bridge with timber stringer approach spans
Length of largest span: 310.1 ft.
Total length: 317.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.04254, -72.60472 (decimal degrees)
44°02'33" N, 72°36'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/691904/4879387 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 69099 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 23, 2021: New photo from Josh Schmid
- April 4, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- September 9, 2015: Added by Michael Quiet
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- Richard Doody
- Josh Schmid