Poland Bridge 45-08-02
Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com
BH Photo #189322
Built in 1887 by George W. Holmes and re-built 2003/2004 by Alpine Construction. Re-opened July 4, 2004. This is the longest single span covered bridge in the state.
- Burr arch bridge over Lamoille River on C3023 in Cambridge
- Jeffersonville, Lamoille County, Vermont
- Open to auto traffic in Summer/ pedestrians & snowmobiles in Winter
- Built 1887 by George W. Holmes; rehabilitated 2004
- - Alpine Construction (2004 rehabilitation)
- George W. Holmes
- Luther A. Wheelock (Abutments)
- Burr arch truss
Length of largest span: 146.0 ft.
Total length: 154.9 ft.
Deck width: 9.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.8 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on October 9, 1974
- Also called
- Kissing Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.65000, -72.81667 (decimal degrees)
44°38'60" N, 72°49'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/673125/4946389 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000230 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-08-02 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 33975 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 6, 2018: New photo from Richard Doody
- March 16, 2016: Updated by Michael Quiet: Noted that this bridge is open to pedestrian / snowmobile traffic. Added pictures
- November 9, 2014: Updated by Will Truax: Removed redundancy of appending MKP to design / truss type
- November 4, 2014: Updated by Michael Quiet: Noted that the bridge and associated road are currently closed
- September 9, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- November 29, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick securevermont.com: Changed primary name, added info and photos
- John Borthwick
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- Will Truax - Bridgewright [at] gmail [dot] com
- Richard Doody