Hutchins Covered Bridge
Hutchins Covered Bridge before renovation
Photo taken by John Borthwick
Between November 2008 and October 2009 Alpine Construction did extensive renovation work on the bridge
- Covered bridge over South Branch Trout River on Hutchins Bridge Rd (C3027) in Montgomery
- Franklin County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 1883
- Covered Town lattice truss
Length of largest span: 65.0 ft.
Total length: 78.1 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 30, 1974
- Also called
- South Branch Trout River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.85861, -72.61250 (decimal degrees)
44°51'31" N, 72°36'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/688634/4970016 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Hazens Notch
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000219 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 33965 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- March 1, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge is called Hutchins Covered Bridge; added NRHP info, corrected GPS