East Fairfield Covered
East Fairfield Covered Bridge
Photo taken by John Borthwick in October 2010
Built around 1865 Queenpost truss bridge crosses the Black Creek. The bridge was closed to traffic in 1987 and reopened to traffic in July 2010 after extensive renovation.
- Covered bridge over Black Creek on C3049 in Fairfield
- East Fairfield, Franklin County, Vermont
- renovated and reopened to traffic July 2010
- Built 1865; rehabilitated 1967 renovated 2010
- queenpost truss
Length of largest span: 59.1 ft.
Total length: 69.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.1 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 19, 1974
- Also called
- Black Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.78667, -72.86333 (decimal degrees)
44°47'12" N, 72°51'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/669026/4961473 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000214 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 33954 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25.3 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- December 1, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick securevermont.com: added truss design, WGN, description
- November 26, 2010: Updated by John Borthwick: bridge reopened after extensive renovation
- March 1, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge is called the East Fairfield Covered Bridge; added NRHP info