Westford Bridge 45-04-05
Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com
BH Photo #188664
Served until 1965 when a steel and concrete bridge was built near it. In 1975 the bridge was rehabilitated and in 1987 the bridge was moved to the town garage where it sat until 2001 when restoration work was done by Renaud Brothers, Inc. of Vernon, Vermont. The bridge was put back in place in July 2001 serving as a pedestrian and bicycle crossing.
- Burr arch-truss bridge over Brown's River on off road pedestrian & bike crossing
- Westford, Chittenden County, Vermont
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1837; Rehabilitated 1975; Removed 1987; Rehabilitated and Restored 2001
- - Renaud Bros. Inc. (2001 Rehabilitation)
- Burr arch truss bridge
Length of largest span: 96.6 ft.
Total length: 97.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.6 ft.
- Also called
- Brown's River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.61248, -73.00816 (decimal degrees)
44°36'45" N, 73°00'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/658042/4941833 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Essex Center
- Inventory number
- BH 47124 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 4, 2018: New photos from Richard Doody
- March 16, 2016: New photos from Michael Quiet
- November 27, 2010: Added by John Borthwick securevermont.com
- John Borthwick
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com
- Richard Doody