RUT - Winooski River Bridge
This bridge replaced an earlier 3 span structure lost to the Great Flood of 1927. Served until the line abandonment in 1964, and was sold for scrap in 1972. Local legend holds that the steel was recycled into razor blades.
- Lost Warren through truss with all verticals bridge over Winooski River on Rutland Railroad (Island Line Division)
- Colchester, Chittenden County, Vermont
- Built 1928; Abandoned 1964; Scrapped 1972
- - Rutland Railroad (RUT)
- 2 span Riveted Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 225.0 ft.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.53078, -73.27311 (decimal degrees)
44°31'51" N, 73°16'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/637211/4932278 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 72297 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 23, 2016: Added by Michael Quiet