Holmes Creek Bridge
Holmes Creek or Lakeshore Bridge
Photo taken by John Borthwick in October 2010
crosses Holmes Creek where it enters Lake Champlain. Renovated in 1994 by Gratton Associates
- Wooden covered arch bridge over Home Creek on C3009 in Charlotte
- Charlotte, Chittenden County, Vermont
- Open to traffic
- Built 1898; rehabilitated 1994
- King post with tied arch bridge
Length of largest span: 35.1 ft.
Total length: 41.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Lake Shore Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.33167, -73.28167 (decimal degrees)
44°19'54" N, 73°16'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/636996/4910147 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 33946 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 25.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)