Centre Covered Bridge 45-03-05
Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com
BH Photo #189051
This bridge was moved to present location in 1960. It sits near the Lynburke Motel. A room was built inside the bridge to serve as an office.
- Covered Paddleford through truss bridge over East Branch of the Passumpsic River on pedestrian path
- Lyndon, Caledonia County, Vermont
- Open for snowmobiles / Pedestrian use
- Built 1867; Relocated 1960; Emergency rehabilitation work 2013
- Paddleford truss
Total length: 118.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 20, 1974
- Also called
- Sanborn Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.54414, -72.00093 (decimal degrees)
44°32'39" N, 72°00'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/738240/4936688 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 74000204 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 45-03-05 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 47151 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 18, 2015: Updated by Michael Quiet: Updated status. Bridge is NOT scheduled for demolition. Bridge is no longer at risk for imminent collapse due to emergency repair work that has stabilized the bridge.
- July 27, 2013: New Street View added by Dave King
- July 27, 2013: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Bridge closed, demolition ordered for fears of eminent collapse
- November 28, 2010: Added by John Borthwick securevermont.com
- John Borthwick
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com