Rating:
No votes cast

Spade Farm Covered Bridge 45-01-02

Photos 

Spade Farm bridge

Photo taken by John Borthwick securevermont.com

BH Photo #188644

Map 

Street View 

Description 

This is the second oldest covered bridge in Vermont. Originally located on Hollow Road in North Ferisburg it was moved to Sam Spade's farm in 1958 where it spanned a pond. The bridge nw sits on the side of Route 7 in Ferrisburg and is part of the Ferrisburg Artisans Guild.

Facts 

Overview
Covered Town lattice through truss bridge on pedestrian walkway
Location
Ferrisburg, Addison County, Vermont
Status
Open to pedestrians
History
Built 1824 by Justin Miller; Relocated to private farm 1958
Design
Town lattice through truss
Dimensions
Total length: 85.0 ft.
Also called
Hollow Bridge
Old Hollow Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+44.23741, -73.23205   (decimal degrees)
44°14'15" N, 73°13'55" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
18/641178/4899761 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Vergennes East
Inventory number
BH 47121 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • December 14, 2016: New photos from Michael Quiet
  • May 7, 2015: New photos from Michael Quiet
  • November 16, 2014: New Street View added by Michael Quiet
  • November 27, 2010: Added by John Borthwick securevermont.com

Sources 

  • John Borthwick
  • Wikipedia
  • Michael Quiet - mquiet [at] gmail [dot] com