NS - Powell River Trestle
Long view of trestle
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in January 2012
BH Photo #222639
This trestle replaced an earlier timber structure. Replacement date unknown.
- Deck plate girder bridge over South Fork of Powell River on Norfolk & Southern
- Wise County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Replaced an earlier timber trestle at some unknown time. Line was constructed in 1925 or 1926
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder
Total length: 390.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.86342, -82.74082 (decimal degrees)
36°51'48" N, 82°44'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/344825/4081136 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Stone Gap
- Inventory number
- BH 50766 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 2, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence