Adams Street Bridge
Bridge from railbed. Swede tunnel is just beyond the bridge to the right
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in December 2011
BH Photo #222497
The Interstate Railroad built this line between 1921 and 1922. Swede Tunnel, just a few feet to the south of this bridge carries a 1922 date. Prior to the building of a new road to the north, this bridge would have connected two areas divided by the railroad cut.
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss bridge over old Interstate railbed on pedestrians
- Coeburn, Wise County, Virginia
- Open to pedestrians
- Built unknown
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss, in a way. Built of 1916 Lackawanna rails over the now abandoned Interstate line from Coeburn to Miller Yard.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.93709, -82.46553 (decimal degrees)
36°56'14" N, 82°27'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/369491/4088896 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50718 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 9, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Corrected "Location"
- December 27, 2011: Added by Bob Lawrence