Main Street Concrete Arch Bridge
A Luten open spandrel bridge on Main Street in Downtown Appalachia---Depot Street Arch Bridge is just past it in picture
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed
One of two Luten Arch open spandrel bridges, standing perpenicular to each other, both spanning Callahan Creek east of downtown Appalachia.
- Luten open spandrel concrete arch bridge over Callahan Creek on Main Street in Appalachia
- Appalachia, Wise County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
Span length: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.90672, -82.78170 (decimal degrees)
36°54'24" N, 82°46'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/341270/4086006 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- VA 19499 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33908 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 56.4 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com