Main Street Concrete Arch Bridge
A Luten open spandrel bridge on Main Street in Downtown Appalachia---Depot Street Arch Bridge is just past it in picture
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed
BH Photo #177012
One of two Luten Arch open spandrel bridges, standing perpenicular to each other, both spanning Callahan Creek east of downtown Appalachia.
- Luten open spandrel concrete arch bridge over Callahan Creek on Main Street in Appalachia
- Appalachia, Wise County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1926
Span length: 82.0 ft.
Total length: 82.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.90672, -82.78170 (decimal degrees)
36°54'24" N, 82°46'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/341270/4086006 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numers
- VA 19499 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33908 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 77.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com