Beaverdam Creek Bridge, Water Street
Photo taken by Timothy and Joann Phillips in September 2018
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #435520
This old bridge helps lend an historic atmosphere to a quaint mountain town that thrives on bicycle shuttles up and down the Creeper Trail, a rails-to-trails project, Appalachian Trail Hikers and other tourists who can really appreciate it.
- Steel stringer bridge over Beaverdam Creek on Water Street
- Damascus, Washington County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1932; reconstructed 1977
- Steel stringer
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.63153, -81.79020 (decimal degrees)
36°37'54" N, 81°47'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/429352/4054288 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83012 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2018: Added by Timothy and Joann Phillips
- Timothy and Joann Phillips