Private Drive Bridge
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in September 2012
BH Photo #239845
Built by Roanoke Iron and Bridge Works (also known as Virginia Bridge and Iron Works) of Roanoke VA in 1924. The bridge is off Hwy. 637.
- Pony truss bridge over Clinch River on Private Drive near Pounding Mill, Virginia
- Tazewell County, Virginia
- Open to private traffic
- Built 1924
- - Roanoke Iron & Bridge Works of Roanoke, Virginia
- Pony truss, wood floor. Remnants of other wood features remain.
Total length: 44.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.07764, -81.71426 (decimal degrees)
37°04'40" N, 81°42'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/436512/4103723 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pounding Mill
- Inventory number
- BH 53613 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 27, 2014: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- September 23, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected/modified listing.
- September 23, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence
- Bob Lawrence
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com