Tannersville Road River Bridge
Screen capture of October 2008 streetview
Google Maps Street View
BH Photo #432722
Although the traffic on this road justified building a two lane replacement, it's unfortunate that such an elegant little bridge was lost.
- Concrete arch bridge over North Fork Holston River on VA 91
- Tazewell County, Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1924
Length of largest span: 38.1 ft.
Total length: 112.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.94333, -81.66500 (decimal degrees)
36°56'36" N, 81°39'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/440786/4088792 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 18487 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33890 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 5, 2018: Updated by Timothy and Joann Phillips: New photos, name corrected, bridge has been replaced
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth