View from the southwest, downstream side
Photo taken by Timothy and Joann Phillips in July 2018
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
BH Photo #432456
Recent survey stakes seem to indicate that replacement or repair will be done soon to this old bridge. Inspection marks underneath document significant rust and loss of material.
- Steel stringer bridge over South Fork Holston River on County Road 658, Tilleys Bridge Rd.
- Smyth County, Virginia
- Open to traffic, but in poor condition
- Built 1948
- Steel stringer with timber deck
Length of largest span: 38.1 ft.
Total length: 75.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.77555, -81.57949 (decimal degrees)
36°46'32" N, 81°34'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/448288/4070130 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82419 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 31, 2018: Added by Timothy and Joann Phillips