McMullin CR660 Overpass
bridge at McMullin, near Marion VA
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in July 2012
One lane bridge, deck is composed of wooden beams which resemble ties. Seems sturdy, though rusted.
- Deck plate girder bridge over N&S tracks on County Road 660
- Marion, Smyth County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Bridge made in 1915 by Virginia Bridge & Iron Co.
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Deck plate girder. Supported by girders.
Total length: 130.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.81251, -81.57417 (decimal degrees)
36°48'45" N, 81°34'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/448787/4074227 (zone/easting/northing)
- 2183 ft. above sea level
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 52809 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 3, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Minor refinements/put builder in builder section, gave in more of a name.
- July 3, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence