McMullin CR660 Overpass
bridge at McMullin, near Marion VA
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in July 2012
BH Photo #234485
One lane bridge, deck is composed of wooden beams which resemble ties. Seems sturdy, though rusted.
- Deck plate girder bridge over N&S tracks on Railroad Drive (County Road 660)
- Marion, Smyth County, Virginia
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Bridge made in 1915 by Virginia Bridge & Iron Co.; closed in 2014
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Deck plate girder. Supported by girders.
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 112.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.81251, -81.57417 (decimal degrees)
36°48'45" N, 81°34'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/448787/4074227 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 2183 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 17656 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 52809 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2012)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 13.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 7, 2018: New photos from Timothy and Joann Phillips
- November 16, 2017: New photo from C Hanchey
- November 3, 2013: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- July 3, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Minor refinements/put builder in builder section, gave in more of a name.
- July 3, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence