NS - Bootleg Trestle
Trestle near Natural Tunnel VA
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in March 2012
BH Photo #228551
This trestle is just north of Natural Tunnel on the N&S active line.
- Deck plate girder bridge over SR 871 on N&S
- Scott County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1937
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (NW)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder.
Length of largest span: 75.1 ft.
Total length: 162.0 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- NS - VA871 Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.71568, -82.74890 (decimal degrees)
36°42'56" N, 82°44'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/343805/4064758 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1352 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- VA 16937 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 51873 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- October 16, 2018: New photos from Timothy and Joann Phillips
- August 31, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Merged NBI
- March 25, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence