Clinchport Swinging / Suspension Footbridge
Clinchport Swinging Suspension Bridge
This newer bridge built by the Virginia Department of Transportation replaced an older one that still spans the Clinch River, but is now closed. View is to the south, from the north bank of the river.
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in August 2009
BH Photo #144823
A VDOT - Virginia Department of Transportation maintained bridge. One of ~74 as of the mid '00.
- Wire suspension bridge over Clinch River on Foot Traffic in Clinchport
- Clinchport, Scott County, Virginia
- Open to pedestrians
- Wire suspension
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.67309, -82.74732 (decimal degrees)
36°40'23" N, 82°44'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/343860/4060030 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 43191 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 24, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Wire/cable Suspension"
- November 24, 2013: New photos from Shane Passmore
- November 20, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Added Coordinates.
- August 10, 2009: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- August 9, 2009: Added by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Matthew Ridpath
- Shane Passmore - aa5te [dot] kb5ehr [at] gmail [dot] com
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net