North River Bridge
Route 727 North River Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in June 2010
BH Photo #168373
The two trusses which make up this two-span bridge were moved to this site in 1961 from two different locations. The shorter truss was formerly located in Page County on Route 340 where it crossed the North Fork of the Shenandoah River. The longer truss was moved from nearby Bridgewater in Rockingham County.
- Pratt through truss bridge over North River on Airport Rd (Route 727)
- Rockingham County, Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Two trusses moved to this location in 1961 from other locations (one nearby in Rockingham Counthy and one in Page County). Spans date ca. 1916
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 122.1 ft.
Total length: 218.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.35313, -78.94533 (decimal degrees)
38°21'11" N, 78°56'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/679535/4246995 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Sidney
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 16076 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 45547 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 13 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 24, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Demolished and replaced.
- June 24, 2010: Added by C Hanchey