Note: The following information comes from the National Bridge Inventory and has not been verified.
- Lost through truss bridge over Buffalo Creek on VA 251
- Rockbridge County, Virginia
- No longer exists
- Built 1954; replaced 2001
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 101.1 ft.
Total length: 235.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.74667, -79.52667 (decimal degrees)
37°44'48" N, 79°31'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/629802/4178729 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Natural Bridge
- Inventory numbers
- VA 15351 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33828 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/1999)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 46.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1997)