NS - Roanoke River Bridge No 4
Norfolk Southern RR Bridge
Photo taken by Panoramio user G Day
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs (CC BY-ND)
View this photo at panoramio.com
BH Photo #267622
Span date 1913. Abutment date 1943. NBI date 1930.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Roanoke River & NW River Road (Route 639) on Norfolk Southern Railroad
- Roanoke County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1913
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 56.1 ft.
Total length: 168.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.24281, -80.14944 (decimal degrees)
37°14'34" N, 80°08'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/575439/4122147 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- VA 15039 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 58270 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added category "American Bridge Co."
- October 2, 2013: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com