Shaffer's Crossing Norfolk Southern Railway Bridge No. 1
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in February 2017
BH Photo #379793
Dimensions are estimates. Bridge No.1 is the southernmost of the five crossings here.
- Slab bridge over Boulevard Street SW on NSRR
- Roanoke, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- - Norfolk & Western Railway (N&W)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
Length of largest span: 38.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 35.0 ft.
- Also called
- Boulevard Street SW Norfolk Southern Railway Bridge No.1
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.27843, -79.97685 (decimal degrees)
37°16'42" N, 79°58'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/590704/4126251 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 69741 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 22, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- November 17, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com