1st Street Bridge
Main span from the south
Photo taken by Chris Patriarca
A new pony truss pedestrian bridge was constructed at the location of the old bridge. The new bridge is named the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Bridge.
- Pony truss bridge on 1st Street over the NS Railroad yard
- Roanoke, Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built unk.; Replaced by new pony truss in 2008
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 99.1 ft.
Total length: 316.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.7 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.27336, -79.94236 (decimal degrees)
37°16'24" N, 79°56'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/593768/4125722 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- VA 21596 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33824 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 11/1999)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 3.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1994)
- February 27, 2011: New Street View added by Chris Patriarca
- April 10, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge was replaced by a new pony truss
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Chris P.