Old City Park Bridge
Photo taken by City of Portsmouth
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #469966
On June 26 1962, 2 teens, Charles Deen Buchanan(17) and Roger Wayne Buchanan(15) drowned before the bridge was closed down.
The bridge currently sits underwater where it once stood.
- Lost Bridge over Elizabeth River
- Portsmouth, Virginia
- No longer exists
Total length: 840.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.83333, -76.36553 (decimal degrees)
36°49'60" N, 76°21'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/378232/4077253 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 88944 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 10, 2020: New photos from Akemi Mokoto