Richmond and Danville Railroad Culverts
Largest culvert I found along this stretch
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in January 2017
BH Photo #376099
There are many of these bridges/culverts along the converted R&D Railroad line. I have posted two examples of the four I found from the Ringgold Depot to Sandy Creek (Trib) about 1 1/4 miles distance. Also a brick culvert along an abandoned section in Danville.
- Stone culvert bridge over Trib. of Sandy Creek on R&DRR/Rail Trail
- Pittsylvania County, Virginia
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built ca1856
- - Rail-to-trail
- Stone culvert
Total length: 10.0 ft.
Deck width: 45.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.61014, -79.27456 (decimal degrees)
36°36'37" N, 79°16'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/654309/4053011 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 75197 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 19, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com