Taylor's Mill Road Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in June 2010
BH Photo #168461
Originally crossed Rapidan River in Orange County and was moved here in 1944.
- Through truss bridge over Whitehorn Creek on Taylor's Mill Road
- Pittsylvania County, Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1915 by the Virginia Bridge & Iron Company; Relocated here in 1944
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Pin-connected Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 119.1 ft.
Total length: 181.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.89530, -79.34381 (decimal degrees)
36°53'43" N, 79°20'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/647568/4084538 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 13610 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33798 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 18, 2016: New photo from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 14, 2016: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: replaced
- April 22, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- June 25, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge was built by the Virginia Bridge & Iron Co.
- May 4, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated GPS and info.
- February 28, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey