Goddins Pond Dam
Side view from pond
This is looking northeast from the pond side.
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in September 2020
BH Photo #480754
SR 600 Holly Fork Road crosses Philbates Creek on the dam that holds back Goddins Pond. This a scenic, idylic location, popular for fishing.
The bridge is essentially the top of the spillway, and is in poor condition. A portion of the deck has been replaced with a steel plate. It has a 4 ton weight limit.
The dam itself was rated to be in poor condition on 6/17/1993, and it was noted then that failure of the dam would "take out" State Route 600.
- Slab bridge atop dam over Philbates Creek on VA 600 Holly Fork Road
- New Kent County, Virginia
- Open to traffic, 4 ton weight limit
- Built to impound a pond for a mill. The mill is long gone, but Goodins Pond remains for recreational purposes.
- Dam carrying road on slab bridge atop spillway.
- Also called
- Holly Fork Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.48300, -76.79407 (decimal degrees)
37°28'59" N, 76°47'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/341379/4149966 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 90541 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 7, 2020: Updated by Roger Deschner: Added with photos