Roaring Run Bridge
Bridge is located in Rest Area off I-81 Northbound above Exit 128 Route 603.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Ditch on Walkway
- Montgomery County, Virginia
- Open to pedestrians
- Built by the King Bridge Co. in 1878 Over Roaring Creek in Bedford County VA, closed in 1971. Relocated to present location in 1977; Oldest metal bridge in Virginia
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- Bowstring pony truss
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on January 2, 2013
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.23919, -80.22446 (decimal degrees)
37°14'21" N, 80°13'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/568788/4121688 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 12001136 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 49652 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 29, 2017: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added relocation date per NRHP Nomination.
- February 22, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added categories "Wooden deck", "One-lane traffic", "Relocated"
- June 27, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Improved location
- February 26, 2014: New Street View added by Dave King
- August 31, 2013: Updated by Dave King: Imported photos and added to history
- September 18, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- flickr picture of bridge - Flickr Picture of Bridge
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth