South Fork Roanoke River Norfolk Southern Railway Bridge (N)
Photo taken by Royce and Bobette Haley in February 2017
BH Photo #380267
Dimensions are estimates. Three tracks, four spans each. One track is no longer in use. Looks like the bridge may have been raised in 1925.
- Deck plate girder bridge over South Fork Roanoke River/Big Springs Dr on NSRR
- Elliston, Montgomery County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1906
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
Deck width: 36.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.22186, -80.22798 (decimal degrees)
37°13'19" N, 80°13'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/568491/4119763 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 75681 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 24, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- February 17, 2017: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com