Ninth Street Bridge
Restoration is near complete 11/2016
The plaque reads: "Built AD 1839 by J. S. King"
- Stone arch bridge over Kanawha Canal on Ninth Street in Madison Heights
- Lynchburg, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1839
- - J.S. King
- Stone arch
Span length: 47.9 ft.
Total length: 47.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.41613, -79.13995 (decimal degrees)
37°24'58" N, 79°08'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/664601/4142659 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- VA 20519 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 81.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- February 1, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- January 24, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: corected county
- December 7, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 18, 2011: Added HAER photos; corrected location
- HABS VA-1109 - James River & Kanawha Canal Bridge, Ninth Street between Jefferson Street & James River, Lynchburg, VA
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com