Cane Creek bridge
Bronze plate on this bridge
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in November 2011
BH Photo #220302
Small concrete bridge with fence-like guards, built by the Department of Highways in 1932. Concrete seems to be deteriorating...probably why the newer steel guards have been installed.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Cane Creek on Highway 421
- Pennington Gap, Lee County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1932
- - Department of Highways
- Concrete deck girder
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.75944, -83.01392 (decimal degrees)
36°45'34" N, 83°00'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/320235/4070077 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pennington Gap
- Inventory number
- BH 50195 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 5, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Fence guardrail"
- March 4, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: to do
- November 14, 2011: Added by Bob Lawrence
- Bob Lawrence
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com