Smith River Bridge
Smith River Pony Truss Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in December 2008
BH Photo #134494
The Dan River Basin Association plans to reassemble one of the truss spans on the nearby Fieldale Trail. The project will involve reducing the span's length down to three panels from six. More information can be found here
- Removed Warren pony truss bridge over Smith River on Field Avenue (Route 701) in Collinsville
- Henry County, Virginia
- Removed; to be partially reassembled on a nearby trail.
- Built 1931; Removed 2009
- Riveted Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 210.0 ft.
Deck width: 19.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.70167, -79.93333 (decimal degrees)
36°42'06" N, 79°55'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/595278/4062308 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Martinsville West
- Inventory numbers
- VA 10172 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33716 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 21, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- November 5, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Bridge has been removed; to be partially reassembled on a nearby trail.
- May 4, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- February 28, 2009: New photos from C Hanchey
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Matthew Ridpath
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com