Morgan Ford Bridge
Photo taken by Matthew Ridpath
BH Photo #150274
The through truss span was built in 1887 and moved from Pittsylvania County.
- Through truss bridge over Smith River on Morgan Ford Rd (Route 622) in Sandy Level
- Henry County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Constructed 1953 from parts from older bridges. The center Pratt through truss span was built in 1887.
- Eight-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss main span;
Riveted Warren pony truss east shore span;
Plate girder approach spans
Length of largest span: 137.1 ft.
Total length: 396.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.9 ft.
- Also called
- Smith River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.55892, -79.74590 (decimal degrees)
36°33'32" N, 79°44'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/612229/4046675 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Northeast Eden
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- VA 10112 (Virginia bridge number)
BH 33715 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 25.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 17, 2010: Updated by C Hanchey: The center span was built in 1887 and relocated to this lcoation in 1953
- March 11, 2010: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: Added Street View
- December 1, 2009: New photos from Matthew Ridpath
- Matthew Ridpath
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com