Pimmit Run Bridge
Built as part of a project to extend the GWMP closer to a proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Pimmit Run on Gwmp
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1993
- - U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Wright Contracting Co.
- Continuous Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 130.9 ft.
Total length: 353.0 ft.
Deck width: 62.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.93194, -77.12411 (decimal degrees)
38°55'55" N, 77°07'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/315884/4311369 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Washington West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65335 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 68.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-74 - Pimmit Run Bridge, Pimmit Run, McLean, Fairfax County, VA