Route 123 - GWMP Overpass
Southwest Elevation Looking Northeast From George Washington Memorial Parkway
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312587
The Route 123 Overpass on the GWMP is reported to be the first prestressed concrete girder bridge built on the parkway and in the district.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Concrete stringer bridge over Gwmp on Va Route 123
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1959; rehabilitated 1985
- - U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Wiley N. Jackson Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Concrete stringer
Length of largest span: 111.9 ft.
Total length: 169.3 ft.
Deck width: 71.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.93908, -77.13406 (decimal degrees)
38°56'21" N, 77°08'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/315040/4312182 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Falls Church
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory number
- BH 65334 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-73 - Route 123 Overpass, State Route 123 (Leesburg Road), McLean, Fairfax County, VA