Dead Run Bridge
Underside View With Piers And Steel Girders From Below Looking Northwest
Photo taken for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #312584
Built as part of a project to extend the GWMP closer to a proposed terminus at Great Falls, Virginia.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Deck plate girder bridge over Dead Run on George Washington Memorial Parkway
- Fairfax County, Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1963
- - Atlas Machine & Iron Works of Arlington, Virginia
- Case Construction Co. of Mt. Airy, Maryland
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Continuous Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 112.9 ft.
Total length: 307.8 ft.
Deck width: 60.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.96434, -77.17413 (decimal degrees)
38°57'52" N, 77°10'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/311634/4315067 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Falls Church
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 65332 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 79.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 6, 2015: Added by Dave King
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- HAER VA-70 - Dead Run Bridge, Spanning Dead Run, McLean, Fairfax County, VA